Our laboratory operates under the Spanish National Accreditation Body (ENAC) for the analysis of animal feed and we offer a great range of analyses focused on quality control of animal feed and other related products such as premix, correctors, cores, silages, pastures, unifeed, etc.
We offer four groups focused on animal feed analysis:
1. Analysis of Raw Materials
- Analysis of cereals and subproducts
- Analysis of plant protein concentrates
- Analysis of animal protein concentrates
- Analysis of fats and oils
- Analysis of Minerals
- Analysis of Amino Acids
- Analysis of Vitamins
- Analysis of Pigments
- Anti-nutritional factors (trypsin inhibitors,glucosinolates, hydrocyanic acid, etc.).
- Others: analysis of acidifyings, drugs (animal use), antioxidants, dairy products, enzymes, etc.
2. Analysis of Finished animal feed
These analytical services in finished animal feed can be highlighted:
- Composition of animal feed. Compositional parameters by wet process, spectrometric, polarimetric, chromatographic.
- Quality of fat in animal feed (fatty acids, oxidability and rancidity)
- Studies of homogeneity and cross-contamination
- Microscopy: Estimate of % ingredients, detection of animal flours, detection of botanical contamination, etc.
- Undesirable substances: Heavy metals, nitrites, mycotoxins, pesticides, hydrocyanic acid, gossypol, theobromine, ergot, dioxines, PCBs, etc.
- Revision of nutritional labelling
3. Analysis of Premix, Correctors and Cores
- Quantification of richness in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, antioxidants, etc.
4. Analysis of unifeed, silages and pastures
- Determinations in pH value, FAD, FND, protein bound to fibre, lignin, starch, etc.